End users need a mobile phone with the Afrilas Authenticator app and internet access
(WiFi or a 4/5G connection) to access SAML-enabled applications.
Installing the App
- Install the Afrilas Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- Choose a PIN number to protect your Afrilas app.
You can optionally enable fingerprint or Face ID protection.
- Click on the enrollment link and scan the QR code to activate your account.
How to Sign In
- Navigate to the the site of the service provider, e.g. Google Workspace.
- Start the Afrilas Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- Scan the QR code and enter your PIN number when prompted.
Can't Sign in to Afrilas?
Nowadays, people rely more than ever on mobile phones for personal communication, entertainment, banking and various other applications such as strong authentication.
In many cases, losing your phone is like losing your wallet.
What to do in case of a lost, stolen or damaged device.
Also see our FAQ.
Call your IT service desk to report a lost, stolen or damaged phone.
A system administrator will then temporarily add his or her phone to your personal Afrilas profile.
Navigate to the secured application.
Send a screenshot of the Afrilas QR code to the system administrator (either by email, a video call or by using any other messaging application, e.g. Slack).
The system administrator then scans the screenshot of the QR code and logs in on your behalf.
The system administrator removes his or her phone from your Afrilas profile. You will automatically be notified of this removal.
I replaced my phone. How do I add it to my existing account?
- Install the Afrilas Authenticator app on your new smartphone.
- Call your IT service desk and request reenrollment.
- Click on the enrollment link and scan the QR code.
I'm experiencing difficulties accessing my account.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing your account, contact your system administrator.